Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tales of a Toddler

Has it really been 2 months since I have last updated everyone on the land of Tocz?!?!

Unbelievable.

Apparently I only have time to sit down and type when I travel for work.  Because here I am sitting on my lunch break in Rockville, MD typing away.  Such is life with a toddler.

Luke is now a little over 18 months and acting like a true toddler and a true BOY. 

We RUN.

We SPIN in circles until we are so dizzy we fall on the floor and yell "Whoa!".

We DIG in any dirt we can possibly find (even dirt in potted plants).

We THROW.

We HIT.  (And then go sit in time out because we know it is bad to hit.)

We love to run around NAKED.  And PEE on the floor. 

We are EXHAUSTING!!!!!

And these are only the top things Luke loves to do.  I can't believe how much he learns and absorbs each and every day.  Talking is coming slowly...but apparently that is quite typical of little boys.  At our 18 month check up the doctor was not concerned even one bit.  As long as he can say 5 words that people understand Doc was fine with it - so, so am I!

Here is the current favorite word list:
stuck
pees or peesh (please)
adoo or dadoo (thank you)
all done (this one has gotten awesome over the last few weeks and is accompanied by a shrug of the shoulders and lifting of the arms as if to say "i don't know" - it is very cute.)
let's go
NO (usually said in a sing-songy, whiney voice)
yes (said less frequently than no)
nana (banana)

If Luke can't think of the right word - or if we are not understanding what he is trying to say - he will pull your hand and walk you to what he needs.  Usually it is the fridge or the a high cabinet he cannot reach.

We recently visited with great friends of ours that have a 21 month old, Penny.  Watching Penny and Luke play was HYSTERICAL.  Our friends' son, CJ (almost 12 months!) was also there, but he was entertained by crawling all over the place and therefore didn't interact too much with the 2 toddlers :).

Luke and Penny ran around the house.
They colored.
They crawled through the window of the play house.
They drove the hot pink barbie jeep.
They ate dinner.
And then they even ended the night with a bath together.

Usually, when Tom and I would hang out with these friends, we would watch football, cook a ton of food and drink beer.  Now we (kinda sorta) watch football, cook a ton of food and drink beer....and watch our little ones play and chase each other around and then give them a bath together.  We have come a long way since our "wiffle-booze-a-ques." I love my friends :).

Lots of other "stuff" has gone on over the past couple of months.  I will memorialize this all with a picture update :).

PETE & COLLEEN'S WEDDING!!!!!!!! :) (A mommy and daddy event that was just fantastic!)
the "infamous" wine at Pete & Colleen's Wedding! (Tommy opened this with a shoe - yes, a shoe.)

The Happy Couple :)

HALLOWEEN!!! Lukie was a doggie :).
This year we didn't much enjoy going door to door.  We LOVED handing out candy to trick or treaters on our front stairs. 

All that passing out candy makes a little boy hungry!

I have doggie ears!


We also celebrated cousin Julianna's baptism, Daddy's Birthday, Mommy had an amazing weekend away with her 2 best friends in Chicago, traveled to MA for Thanksgiving (the ride is definitely getting longer as we enter toddlerhood) and got a Christmas tree!!!

For some reason blogger is not allowing me to upload more photos right now.  So I will leave you with a more recent pick...."CHEEEESEEE!!!!"

Expect a large photo update soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment