Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Good Stuff

As I reflect on the last few weeks I cannot believe how blessed we are. 

Luke is growing like a weed and adds 5 new words to his vocabulary every day. 




Drumming at Grandmom's

My in-laws are amazing and have transformed our kitchen into something spectacular.

My husband is so strong and supportive and Super Dad as I have been traveling constantly the past 2 months.

Traveling has given me a chance to catch up with a best friend on the West Coast.

Good Friday afforded me the opportunity to hang with a best friend from NYC and enjoy the most perfect day EVER. 



Sometimes I lose sight of all this "good stuff."  I need to focus on the positive...life's too short to focus on the negative.

In other update news....

Luke is transitioning to the next level Toddler Room at School!! And it happens to be in the classroom of his favorite teacher, Kim.  Luke has a bit of a crush on her.  Kim is usually in Luke's classroom in the early morning when he arrives.  He loves to snuggle with her and sit on her lap.  She used to hold him a lot when he was a baby and I think they have built a great connection over the past 2 years.  His first day was yesterday and he received an adorable daily report - he peed on the potty!!!! AT SCHOOL!! Quite exciting.



As I said above, Luke adds new words to his vocabulary every day.  He now puts words together to form little sentences:
"San You, Mommy" = Thank You Mommy
"Pees, Daddy = Please Daddy
"Lesss Go!" = Let's Go
"Yoh Tuuun, Mommy" = Your Turn Mommy


Eating outside at the Drake - he just spotted the waitress bringing out his "Pia Cheee!"

Other favorites:
"Pia Cheeee!!!" = Piece of Cheese, Mac & Cheese and/or Grilled Cheese
"More Hoop!" = He is obsessed with finding basketball hoops in people's yards as we drive by.  He points out each one and screams "Mommy, More Hoop!" each time.  It is ADORABLE.



I am in Baltimore all week and most of next week....as I posted about before it is extremely hard to be away for so long when he is so interactive and growing so fast these days.  But it truly does make me so grateful for what I have and what I get to go home to each and every day (or every Friday these days....).

No comments:

Post a Comment