Friday, May 14, 2010

Quick Update

The doctor was great again last night. My final weight gain at week 40 is exactly 30lbs! YAY!!! Blood pressure - perfect. Belly measurement - perfect. Baby T is apparently right on track - so where is he?!

I am 1 cm dilated and 75-80% effaced - progress has been made! Even though they have been saying this for 2 weeks now...baby could arrive any day! Contractions still come and go but nothing crazy. Doctor is hoping I go into labor sometime in the next week. If not she has scheduled me for an induction on Thursday. So the end is in sight - we WILL have a baby by next Thursday!!! YAY!!!

I am praying and hoping that the baby arrives naturally without induction (I hear pitocin creates quite the painful contraction) - but we are on Baby T time now and as long as I get a healthy, happy baby in the end I don't care how or when he gets here.

So now I am sleeping in as much as I can (a nice 9:45am wake up time today), watching lots of trashy day time tv, cleaning the house for the 90th time, taking lots of long walks (long time wise, not distance wise, and always a cell phone in my hand!) and patiently/anxiously waiting for this little guy to arrive.

I'll keep you all updated! We will have a laptop with us at the Hospital and apparently they have wireless (we'll see how well it works...) so we'll try to post on the blog / facebook as soon as Baby T arrives. (Life would be easier if Tom & I had an iphone...maybe that will be my "push present!")

1 comment: