Wednesday, April 6, 2011

YUCKY GERMS

This winter, and it's germs, need to leave.  NOW. 

Luke is sick yet again.  I actually think our friend, Pneumonia, never really left.  The fever left, the green snot has left, however the horrible, horrendous, hacking cough is still with us.  And has been for 4 weeks.  And it will not let up.

(And since I never really posted about our friend, the Big P, here is the quick run down....one day Luke had a cough and a runny nose and was a bit cranky, the next day he had a 2 swollen eyes and a worse cough, so we went to the doctor, told it was just a cold and left with the whole "use the humidifier and saline nose drops and he will be fine" speech.  After 3 more days passed we had been at the doctor 2 more times, Luke's fever went as high as 105, and he had a chest xray showing pneumonia.  It was not a fun week.)

We finally brought Luke back to the doctor today.  Daycare called Tom at work to report that his cough sounded worse through the day and they thought we may want to bring him to the doc.  So we did.  And now we have a nebulizer to use at home.  We have to give him treatments every 6 hours.  Now, during the Big P we tried this too...and Luke FREAKED out when I tried to administer the nebulizer at the doctor's office.  Tommy said today, when he gave the treatment at the doctor's, Luke as fine.  I am very interested to see how this goes tomorrow morning when we try it at home for the first time.

As you can see above, TOMMY got the call from daycare and TOMMY brought Luke to the doctor.  Oh, ad TOMMY brought Luke for his chest xray.  Do you notice a pattern here? BEING A WORKING MOTHER REALLY STINKS.  I was stuck in SIX meetings today, giving presentations and running conference calls, all while Luke was struggling to breathe and coughing so hard his eyes water. 

As I've said before the good days are really, really good.  But the bad days are REALLY BAD. 

And today, well today is REALLY BAD.  I feel like such a bad mommy on days like this.  Daycare doesn't even call ME anymore - they go right to Tommy! I hope something can change.  And soon.  Because I don't know how many more times I can give a presentation knowing my son is sick and I am not there for him.

Ok...enough of this pity party.

Let's end this post on a happy note. 

We still LOVE bath time!!!!

And, we cannot WAIT to travel up to MA next week for Meghan's shower.  Can't wait to see you all!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment