Why do I have to start every post with that sentence? My dear readers, I apologize for the very sporadic postings. I am actually quite disappointed in myself. I wanted this blog to me a "virtual baby book" for Luke and, since I am so bad at posting, there are huge chunks of his first year missing! I hope to become much better during the much more interactive toddler stage. Hopefully I can actually meet my 2011 goal of 1 post a week in the coming months.
So - where have we been, you ask? We have been having LOTS of summer fun. Here's a quick run down of our July:
We had an awesome 4th of July visit with Nan and Aunt Meghan (sadly the last time Aunt Meghan will probably be at our house - at least for the foreseeable future!!).
Spent some quality time just Mommy and Luke on my 2 days of unemployment. We had a breakfast date, went to the mall, hung out with Daddy at work and did lots of outside playing and walks.
Survived the heat by eating out at restaurants - A LOT.
Found an awesome new playground by our house.
Welcomed our first niece, Julianna Rose, on July 27 (also Tommy's dad's birthday!).
Graduated to the TODDLER room at school!!!
Had an amazing time at Aunt Meghan's wedding on July 30.
Had a very tearful goodbye with Aunt Meghan and Uncle Jamie on July 31 - we will miss them while they are in England!!!
All this was going on while I started my NEW job....which I LOVE. It is interesting and intense and fast paced and very rewarding. There is a LOT of travel associated with the new position. This is tough. I am currently in Rockville, MD and have been here since last Tuesday. I was able to go home for the weekend, but then had to travel back here last night and will be here until Thursday. That is a lot of time away from my boys! Thank goodness Tommy is father of the year and is handling his single parenthood amazingly. Luke continues to be on his fantastic schedule (12 hours of sleep a night, talks himself to sleep, eats well, is very pleasant...) which helps a lot. Luke doesn't seem to realize I am gone until I return home - then it is huge hugs and lots of kisses that just melts my heart.
Luke continues to grow both physically and developmentally DAILY. He has finally switched to size 4 diapers and is starting to try new foods. As I mentioned above, he graduated last week to the toddler room at school!! The transition started the last week of July and continued into last week. Luke never looked back. He loves hanging out with the "big kids" and is already showing signs that he is learning and growing after spending time with them - he now does the "sign" for "more", shakes his head "no" and pushes your hand away if you are trying to make him eat something he doesn't want, and talks NON STOP. He still doesn't have many recognizable words, but we are working on it.
He can also point to his "eyes", "mouth", "ears" and "tummy" when you ask. He LOVES to point - he points to objects in the room, food when he sees it (especially bananas) and pictures in books. He knows when to flip the page of his favorite book, "Big Fish Little Fish" as well.
Months 13 and 14 have been unbelievable. Luke is such an easy baby (well, toddler now!) and brings such joy to our lives. I can't wait to see what month 15 holds for us!!!
Here are a few pictures (ok a TON of pictures) from the month of July:
First - 4th of July weekend fun!! Lots of pool time and playing around with Nan and Aunt Meghan:
Breakfast at our favorite spot - just Mommy and Luke while Daddy was golfing!
Big boy sitting on the coffee table.
Sometimes you have to eat shirtless on these hot summer nights!
A new favorite - blueberry applesauce! (That he must eat with a spoon, unassisted).
A bagel on the run (nothing like breakfast next to the trash).
My new car seat!!! (Facing forward - such a big boy)
Aunt Tara is AMAZING and helped Luke get ready for Aunt Meghan's wedding! (And then babysat him at the ceremony, cocktail hour, and then put him to bed at the hotel - she is AMAZING and is going to be such a great mom someday!!!)
Lukie's first cousin!!! Julianna Rose :)
Hopefully my next post will NOT be 1 month from. We are heading to the Shore this weekend and then will go back next Thursday for 10 days! We can't wait to get away and expect to have a ton of pictures when we return. And, to make things even more exciting, Nan and Gramps are heading to the Shore with us for a few days!! We can't wait!!
(And before I sign off I must give a shout out to the newest addition to the Emilio family - Stella Riley! Congratulations to the Coyle/Monacelli crew - especially big sister Romi!!!)



















No comments:
Post a Comment