Up and in the shower at 6:30.
Get Luke up at 6:50.
Cook Luke breakfast, pack Luke's lunch and Eat cereal - 7:00.
Finish getting dressed, pack gym bag, gather dry cleaning - 7:15.
Somehow we all make it out of the house by 7:30.
Jump on train at 7:43.
Work work (2 mile run at the gym) work (pick up dry cleaning) work work (dr's appointment, go to bank) work work - 8:20 - 6:50.
Amazingly catch the 6:52 train home.
Cook Luke dinner - 7:25
Convince a screaming, stomping Luke that chips and yogurt raisins do NOT constitute dinner - 7:35.
Bribe Luke into eating strawberries and grilled cheese by giving him a tostito chip after he eats a few bits of healthy dinner. - 7:40.
Get Adult dinner ready - cut up veggies, find meat to cook - 7:50
Bath time - 8:05
After bath activities (finding the perfect clip of "The Wiggles" where they sing the certain song that he needs to hear at this particular moment) - 8:25
Songs, "Rockie" (rocking chair routine) and hair caressing (he is still obsessed with playing with my hair as he falls asleep) - 8:45
Check email while Tom finishes cooking dinner - 9:00
FINALLY SIT DOWN WITH DINNER AND A LARGE GLASS OF WINE - 9:15.
Friends, this is life as a working mother. And this doesn't even cover the daycare drop off, daycare pick up and "handling" Luke from 5-7pm.
I rarely use this space to complain...usually just the opposite.
But today was one of those days where I felt like I needed to capture my current reality. This is my life at the moment.
Some days I can't help but think of everything I am missing with Luke...the minutes, days, months are flying by....he is only this age once and I only "really see" him 2 days a week.
It's hard.
It's not easy seeing your son for 3 hours per day, 5 days per week.
But it is doable.
Totally doable....
....with a glass of wine waiting at the end of the day!
![]() |
| My boys know just what I need at the end of days like this....complete with fresh flowers! |
**I dedicate this post to my beautiful friends that will soon be joining me in this adventure of working motherhood. If I can do it, anyone can do it!**

No comments:
Post a Comment