Thursday, September 13, 2012

Big Boy

Every day I am reminded how BIG my little boy is getting. 

I am no longer the mother of a baby.

I have a BIG little boy.

He is still very independent.

I do myself, Mommy.


His new love is "washing" the dishes.  We pull a kitchen chair up to the sink so he can reach the faucet.  It started with just washing his hands.  But now he must wash all the plates that happen to be in the sink waiting to be loaded into the dishwasher.

He loves to cook.

We make little english muffin pizzas for dinner.  He does it all.  Squeezes the sauce on.  Spreads it out over the muffin.  Sprinkles the cheese.  He hates when I don't let him load the pizzas into the 450 degree oven!

He is a bit bossy.

Mommy, you sit down.  Read this book.  I read this book.  (As he points to my spot on the couch, hands me a book, and the begins to read his own book.)

Every time we go to a restaurant he asks for Barney to be shown on the bar TVs.

He thinks he is in control of the TV at home.  If Tom is watching baseball, Luke asks to watch football.  If Tom is watching Soccer, Luke wants to watch Tennis (I think I have an entire lifetime of these arguments ahead of me!).

He can sing the ABCs, Mary Had a Little Lamb, Old MacDonald and Twinkle Twinkle. 

He has to help with  EVERYTHING.

I help is something we hear 100 times per day.

He helps with:

the laundry,
taking out the trash,
cleaning,
mowing the lawn,
gardening,
watering the yard.




The list could be endless.  If I am doing something I help is soon to be heard.

He speaks in sentences. 

I want snacks please.

Mommy go to work on the choo-choo.

When getting ready for bed he tells us what we are going to do the next day...

When I wake up, we have pancakes, then go to Miss Kim, then go to THE BEACH!

Since we went on vacation everything ends in "THE BEACH!".  It is too cute.  (And I wish it were true!)

If he had to pretend to "drive" anywhere (on the taxi at the playground, his steering wheel toy, etc) he always says Mommy, I go to Nan's House.

He is very thoughtful.

If he thinks he sees a scratch or bug bite on my leg/arm he comes over and kisses it. 

Mommy, you have boo-boo? I kiss it.

I am reminded daily how amazing he is.  How completely and deeply in love I am with him. 

And it makes my heart so happy.

I am the mother of a BIG little boy. 

And I love it.




No comments:

Post a Comment