The Big Question.
To use Formula or Not to use Formula.
I agonized about this a lot back with Luke.
I wrote about it.
I dreamt about it.
I cried about it.
This time around it is a bit easier.
But still painful nonetheless.
I start traveling next week for work. It is a big part of my job and thankfully management has been amazing with allowing me to stay local since I returned in September.
But the time has come to climb back on the travel horse.
And I am not quite sure how to balance breastfeeding with traveling.
I'll be gone for 3-4 nights at a time.
That's a lot of milk to keep properly refrigerated.
And then, there's the issue of supply...we've already used up the frozen stash I worked so hard on this summer.
So....with all that....we decided to give a half breastmilk/half formula bottle a go this week.
And he LOVED it.
Not a complaint out of him.
No reactions.
No rashes.
Nothing.
I am going to try to keep my supply up while traveling so that I can keep at least my nighttime nursing routine when I return.
But Mr. Adam will be having at least some formula during the weeks I travel.
Since we don't know if there will be a Baby #3, the weaning decision is even more complicated.
I LOVE nursing. The closeness. The bonding. The knowledge that I (AND ONLY ME) have nourished my baby. Helped him grow to the whopping 23 lbs he is today.
I will miss it terribly.
With Luke I knew there would be a Baby #2. It made the process much easier.
But #3 is a definite UNKNOWN at this point.
So, ya, The Big Question.
We'll see how this next chapter goes!
I can't get enough of this sweet little face!
No comments:
Post a Comment