Friday, April 10, 2015

Right Now...

Right now...

...the calendar says Spring, but the weather says winter (or late fall at best).

...Adam has decided that sleeping through the night is for babies and would rather I hold him from 4-6am.

...Luke thinks it's funny to jump off everything, drive his brother crazy and refuse to eat what I serve him for dinner.

...I feel like I am doing a million things a day "ok" and nothing "great". I am an "ok" mom, employee, wife and friend. But I am not shining in any one area, nor am I living up to my potential in any one area. It's like I'm just "meh" at everything right now. I want to be a super star at work, a caring and fun mom, a supportive and loving wife, an attentive friend that returns phone calls/emails and rock my workouts everyday. 

But right now it feels like I am just getting by on all counts.

...I can't wait for the sunshine and the fresh air (that lasts for more than 8 hours at a time!).

...I can't wait for a few great nights' sleep and maybe a date with my husband.

...I do have these cuties that don't seem to care that I am not hitting it out of the park these days. And for that I am forever grateful.


I think they are even feeling meh lately!




No comments:

Post a Comment