Friday, July 5, 2013

Saying / Doing

Today Luke and I went upstairs so he could take a nap.  He started his usually excuses for not taking a nap: "Can I please take a nap downstairs?" "Where's daddy, I want my daddy!" and the ever popular "I have to go potty".

I take the potty one pretty seriously - we don't want any accidents!

So we go into the bathroom and as he sits on the toilet he tells me in a very calm voice,
"There is poop coming out of my butt."


___________

This week in the car Adam began crying.  Luke looked over and said in a very calm, almost motherly voice, "I know, Adam, I know, it's OK, I know". 
__________

Every time you play now you "narrate" what you are doing.  Almost in a teaching voice / method.  Like you are inventing a new game. 

"Ok, so first you take the marble and you put it here.  Then you take the piece of paper and you put it here.  Then you try to throw the marble on the paper."

He narrates AS he is doing the motion.  He isn't talking to anyone in particular.  And he does this with almost everything he plays.



____________

Recently he has become amazing at playing on his own.  He used to ask me or Tom to play everything with him.  Now he gets his spiderman house and starts playing with the characters himself.  He "vrooooms" the motorcycle around the living room and back into the spiderman garage. 

He has started to play with trucks a lot more.

He LOVES to color, draw and cut.  Scissors are probably his favorite art time accessory.  Scissors and glue.  He says he is doing a "craft" or "project". 

I swear he has grown 5 inches in the past month.  He still wears a pull up to bed at night and this week we ran out and had to use an old diaper.  He laid down so I could put it on him after bath time and I FREAKED.  His legs are SO LONG.  It felt very awkward to put a diaper on him! It was in this moment I realized just how much he has grown.  How my toddler is a little boy now.  Scary and Amazing all at the same time.

Baseball is still the number 1 obsession.  And he is good.  Like REALLY good.  He stands outside and throws the ball onto our slanted roof and waits for it to roll down so he can catch it.  He catches it every time.  And he throws it hard enough to get on the roof every time.  Do normal 3 year olds do this?!

3 is still the hardest age to parent (yet - I am sure harder years are on the way!). 

He goes from angel to devil in mere seconds. 

He doesn't forget ANYTHING.

He knows exactly what he wants and will try anything to get it. 

He is ridiculously sweet - he just wants to hug and kiss me, Adam and Tom all day long. 

He holds my hand when we walk.

If I seem mad or upset he kisses me.  When I smile he says "See Mom, now your happy!".
And that pretty much sums him up!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment