Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Up up and away!

Adam set off on his first flight last weekend. A little "mommy and me" trip to MA for Aunt Meghan's baby shower, leaving the big boys at home. 

It was awesome.

Adam-man is the happiest, most wonderful baby. Yes, I am biased, but he made traveling so easy!

We arrived at he airport extra early to be sure I didn't feel rushed at security. I have never flown alone with a child before and really wasn't sure how I was going to get me, Adam, the car seat, stroller, breastmilk, baby food, our luggage and the diaper bag trough security by myself!

Luckily TSA was awesome and basically ordered those around me to help. 

"You, take the car seat!" 
"You, get the stroller!"

And they let me skip the line!

I used the baby bjorn to hold Adam, and has the bmilk and baby food ready to be inspected. 

All and all the entire process took about 10 minutes. Yup, that's it!

So then we had 1 1/2 hours to kill! We walked around a bit, ate lunch (with delicious wine!) and got our gate check tags for the car seat and stroller. 

Adam was super happy and smiling at everyone around us.

Getting on the plane was pretty easy too. I used the baby bjorn and wheeled the car seat/ stroller down the jet way. At the door, I took the car seat off and folded the stroller (one hand fold capability! A must for the traveling mom!!!). 

Bag fit in the overhead and diaper bag under the seat. Perfect.

I nursed Adam at take off and landing and he basically slept the entire flight. 

I am so lucky to have such an easy baby! This trip has given me ideas of a warm, midwinter getaway to FL! 



And....the shower was awesome!!! Meghan looks beautiful and little princess received some very adorable gifts (the outfits KILL ME!!!). I can't wait for Princess Clarke to arrive!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment