This post is LONG over due!
January has simply been a crazy month.
Let's rewind and enjoy the Holidays once more, shall we?
Christmas started a bit early for the Tocz clan.
We shipped up to Boston the weekend before the Holiday to make the most of our time off. We arrived Friday night and were able to enjoy 2 full days before the madness of Christmas Eve/Christmas.
It was wonderful.
Luke had an absolute blast hanging with Nan, Gramps, Aunt Meghan and Uncle Joe.
He was in heaven with all the attention.
There was a lot of playing "hoops", playing restaurant with his little grill, checking out all of Uncle Joe's old tractors and cranes and lots of time playing matching game on Aunt Meghan's Ipad (which he mastered before we left!).
We were able to visit with Great Gram, Great Nana and many of Luke's Great Aunts and Great Uncles.
Of course we were able to squeeze in a visit with The Seaver Family which was awesome. Luke and Jack had a blast playing together. Luke especially enjoyed Jack's big boy bunk bed!! I loved catching up with my best friend since I was just slightly older than Luke. It is so much fun sharing the adventure that is parenting with someone you have known forever.
We also squeezed in a visit to the Roma! Luke loved the bread but unfortunately fell asleep on Uncle Joe before his pasta and sauce was served. Maybe next time!
Christmas Eve was wonderful.
We got all dressed up for Church and headed to 4pm mass.
We sat with Great Nana and the Coyle/Monacelli family from Rochester, NY!
Luke looked a lot like the picture above...he slept through the entire Mass! Someone was already worn out from our busy weekend before the Holiday!
After Church we headed to the Baldi to celebrate with the extended Emilio clan. I have never seen so many children under the age of 7 in my life. Apparently we Emilio's all decided to have children at the same time!
Kids were running and dancing and screaming and eating.
Pure bliss.
It was so nice to catch up with the family I never get to see!
Luke played bartender with Uncle Joe and ran around with all the little cousins.
After the Baldi, Tom, Luke and I headed over to the Donovan's for some dessert.
What a wonderful time we had! Luke walked around the Donovan's as if he owned it.
He chased the dogs all over the place.
He played the piano like he was a rock star.
He walked around giving everyone high fives.
It was a bit surreal to be back at the house that I spent most of my high school years in with my son and husband!
Thank you Donovans for a wonderful time!
Christmas morning was just as wonderful as Christmas Eve.
Luke didn't 100% get the whole Santa thing this year.
He was very close. But not 100%.
He was excited seeing lots of gifts under the tree.
He wanted to open every toy as he unwrapped it.
He thought every single present was for him.
Overall - he loved it.
Of course I was so busy trying to help Luke navigate his way through the gifts that I didn't take any pictures!
I also was in a "rushed" state of mind all morning.
I wanted to be sure we got on the road by 9am so that we could be back in PA by 3pm the latest so we could be at Christmas dinner at the Tocz's by 4pm.
Thankfully it all worked out and Christmas morning was cleaned up, packed up, and neatly in the car by 8:50am.
And we were on the road onto second Christmas.
We had a lovely meal and wonderful evening at Aunt TT's with the Tocz's. Well worth the drive back on Christmas morning.
I was able to snap a quick picture of Luke all dressed up for Christmas.
And that, my friends, was our Christmas.
Happy Holidays - from the Toczylowskis!








No comments:
Post a Comment