Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Luke Week 1

So we have been home from the hospital for 1 week today. I can't believe it has only been 1 week - in some ways it feels like 2 days and in other ways it feels like Luke has been here forever. I almost can't remember life WITHOUT Luke. Our days are now filled with feedings/diaper changes every 2-3 hours. In between the feedings I try to eat and take a shower. So far I have been able to shower very day (YAY!).
Luke usually feeds every 3 hours through the night - usually all 3 of us go to bed at 11pm - Luke wakes up at 2am to feed, goes back down at 2:45. Wakes up at 4:30/5am and goes back down around 5:45am then wakes up around 7:30/8am. It really isn't too bad - I thought I would miss sleep A LOT more than I do. But I just take 1 look at his little face and that's it! It feels like I am wide awake! He is just too cute I can't get enough!!
We are also still nursing - I heard a LOT of horror stories before trying to nurse. Amazingly I have had NO problems! It did hurt a bit the first week in the hospital - but now I hardly even feel Luke there! It is wonderful. It is such a strong bonding experience. Luke looks right at me when he eats - and his eyes are always so big and alert....it is so precious.
This week Luke has met a lot of family! Great Grandmom T, Aunt Chris & Aunt Camille stopped by our house, and Luke took his first trip out of the house to Great Grandmom T's for a Memorial Day BBQ! Here are some photos from the fabulous first week.

Luke is 1 week old in this picture!!! Happy 1 week Bubs! (This is what I have been calling him - I have NO idea where it came from - he is just my little bubs (or Lukie, or bubby!)

He loves his fingers / thumb / hand - LOVES it.

Chilling with Daddy - so perfect.

4 generations of Toczylowski's! He loved G.Grandmom's house - she has A/C!

No comments:

Post a Comment